How it works
When you integrated Cotter to your site and a user logs in using Cotter's Login Form, Cotter will immediately create a new user for you. This user is stored in Cotter's database and can be accessed through our Zapier integration. Using Zapier, you can send user data to Webflow CMS. The user data that are available are defined in the documentation for User object.
- Create a CMS Collection called Users.
- Under "Collection Fields", set the first field label to "Email" and the second field label to "Cotter User ID" (the second field will be used as the slug).
3. Follow this Cotter + Webflow tutorial to make a Login Page using Cotter.
- Add Cotter Zap using this invite link: https://zapier.com/developer/public-invite/116551/4631eb564ecce1c57f7fe88aa8c90671/.
- Click "Make a Zap".
- Under "When this happens ..." choose "Cotter" and let the trigger be "New User".
- Click "Sign in to Cotter" and enter your API Keys as instructed. You can get your Cotter API Keys from Cotter's Dashboard.
- Find Data to see a test data.
- If this is a new project and you do not have a user yet, you will see "We couldn’t find a user". Create a new user in your Cotter (1.0.0) Zapier - https://zapier.com/ account and test your trigger again.
- Try logging in to your Webflow website's "Cotter Login Form" located on your login page by publishing your Webflow site. Use an email address that you have access to. Once the login is successful, Cotter will automatically create a new user.
- Test the integration again.
- Under "Do this ...", choose Webflow.
- Choose action: "Create Item" to make a test item, or "Create Live Item" to make the user data available in your published site. Make sure you use Create Live Item when your site is ready to be published and you want the user data to be available in your published site.
- Login, Pick your site, then pick the "Users" collection that you created earlier.
- For the Email: use identifier (email or phone).
- For the Cotter User ID: use ID (Cotter User ID).
- Select False for both Archived and Draft.
7. Click "Continue" and then "Test & Review". Reload your Webflow project and see if there's a new item in the Users collection.
8. If it succeeded, you can turn on the Zap and it will insert new users to your Users collection. (Zapier will check for new users every 2 minutes, please be patient when testing or click Run to fetch the data).
You should be able to see something like this under your "Users" CMS.
Under the "Email" section, you will see all emails that log in to your Webflow site (a list of your users' emails).
Questions & Feedback
Come and talk to the founders of Cotter and other developers who are using Cotter on Cotter's Slack Channel.