What we're building
With Cotter and Zapier integration, you automatically receive leads in your CRM for every new signups to your website. Your sales team can directly contact the lead to provide a fast sales experience and avoid losing the customer.
In this tutorial, we will use Hubspot as our CRM.
- Add Cotter Zap using this invite link: https://zapier.com/developer/public-invite/116551/4631eb564ecce1c57f7fe88aa8c90671/.
- Click "Make a Zap".
- Under "When this happens ..." choose "Cotter" and let the trigger be "New User".
- Enter your API Keys as instructed. You can get your Cotter API Keys from Cotter's Dashboard.
- Find Data to see a test data.
- If this is a new project and you do not have a user yet, you'll see "We couldn’t find an user". Create a new user in your Cotter (1.0.0) Zapier - https://zapier.com/ account and test your trigger again.
- Try logging-in into your website's "Cotter Login Form" located on your login page. Use an email address that you have access to. Once the login is successful, Cotter will automatically create a new user.
- Test the integration again.
- Under "Do this ...", choose Hubspot.
- Choose action: "Create Deal".
- Login to your Hubspot account.
- Use identifier (email or phone) as the Deal Name.
- Choose the Deal Pipeline and and Deal Stage you want the lead to be created.
6. Click "Continue" and then "Test & Review". You should see a new deal added to your Pipeline.
7. If it succeeded, you can turn on the Zap and it will insert new users to your Table. (Zapier will check for new users every 2 minutes, please be patient when testing or click Run to fetch the data).
You can now automatically create a new deal in your CRM for every new signups, without any code!
Questions & Feedback
Come and talk to the founders of Cotter and other developers who are using Cotter on Cotter's Slack Channel.